The neighborhood of Handley in Fort Worth, Texas, was once an independent town established in 1884 by Confederate Major James Madison Handley. It was originally developed by Major Handley when he purchased a plantation in the area. Today, Handley is bordered by Meadowbrook Drive to the north, Lancaster Avenue to the south, Hitson Lane to the east and Loop 820 to the west.
Schools in Handley include East Handley Elementary School, West Handley Elementary School and Jean McClung Middle School. The educational institutions are part of the Fort Worth Independent School District.
The Handley Antique Mall and Cafe serves lunch and coffee to guests. There's a 6,000-square-foot retail floor with antique and collectable dealers. The mall and cafe is located on the corner of Kerr Street and South Handley Drive.
Handley Park is a place where residents can relax and enjoy open space in the city. Handley-Meadowbrook Community Center is located within the park. Beaty Street runs through the middle of the Handley Park that's bordered by Greenlee Street, East Loop 820, Haynie Street and Craig Street.
The neighborhood plays host to the annual Handley Street Festival and Car Show in October. The Historic Handley Development Corporation is in charge of the Historic Handley Railroad Museum located on Handley Drive and East Lancaster Avenue.